Monday, October 8, 2012

Memory Monday (HE PASSED) 10/1/10 - 7


Friday, October 1, 2010


I knew he would but now we have the OK from the speech therapist and the dietician to start with small meals by mouth.  What that really means is that I can try to feed him through his tight little jaws.  His jaw has always been extremely tight and he never really liked anything to be in his mouth.  That was one of the  reasons we got the G-tube. 

The speech therapist that does the swallow study knows us really well now.  Suzanne and I discussed how many swallow studies he has had and came to the conclusion of 5.  We are also known by the radiology staff.  One of the techs came in just to see Jack.  On top of all the swallow studies, he has also had a VCUG, chest x-ray and to check his MIC-KEY placement the first time he got it. 
Give me apples!

So back to feeding him...I called the dietitian as soon as we left Wilford Hall to let her know that he passed and to get more recipes.  We decided on two 50 calorie snacks a day.  This is so exciting for me!  I know it will be A LOT of work but I'm ready for the challenge. 
Real men wear pink!
John, Speech Therapist, Jack and Radiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment