Monday, January 7, 2013

Memory Monday (Nervous for nothing) 10/28/10 - 18


Thursday, October 28, 2010


Today went pretty well.  I really liked Jennifer and Jack seemed pretty happy too.  She snuggled him up and he fell asleep.  I showed her around and she asked a few questions. 
Once he gets his Medicaid number she will be here Monday - Friday from 10:00 to 6:00.  I hope that happens next week.  This was a good start because we got to talk and get to know each other today. 
She got here at 12:00 and I fed him while she took notes.  When he was finished she got his feeding bag and cleaned it out.  I wasn't sure what to do.  But it felt good to have help.

She's been a nurse for 31 years and has been with this company for 3.  The last child that she worked with also had cerebral palsy and was G tube dependant.  She used the exact Zevex feeding pump that Jack uses.  I always thought that I would have to show them everything.  But with Jennifer I will only have to show her how I do things for Jack.  She seemed very confident and I felt comfortable with her.  

So I was nervous for nothing.  I'm getting help with Jack and it's starting to feel pretty good. 

Posted by Tracy at 5:12 PM 2 comments


Labels: Feeding pump, Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment