Monday, March 25, 2013

I didn't know

Jack's passing was sudden.  I didn't know that Saturday June 30, 2012 would be my last day with him.  I didn't know when I put him to bed that it would be the last time he would sleep in our home.  I thought I had many day, months, years to spend with him. 
I didn't know that his first Christmas being a big brother would be his last. Or that he only had a short time with us after Sarah's first birthday. That this would be the last picture that I took of him alive.
It's blurry because I was trying to take a pic of me feeding him.
The next one is better.

See much better.  Letting him taste kiwi for the
first time.

I can't say that I would do anything different because I can't change the past.  I don't think about trying to change it.  I have to live now or I would be an absolute mess. 
His birthday is exactly one month away.  I dread that day.  I don't get to kiss those sweet cheeks or hold his little fat hand.  We have constant reminders of him but holidays are the worst. 
For his birthday John, I and many friends are going to be running the Nashville Rock n Roll Marathon and Half Marathon in memory of Jack.  The training has really helped keep me focused and gets me in the gym.  Yesterday I finished 9 miles.  It may have taken me over two hours but I felt great after. 
Here is the back of the shirt we will be wearing.
Who knew that I would actually want to run 13.1 miles but I do.  Only for my boy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the shirts and best of luck to you both. Hugs lovey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great and there is no better reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad you run to continue. I am so thankful you run for memory. Nine miles is more than I could dream of. You are so strong in many, many ways.

    ReplyDelete