Thursday, October 10, 2013

Half Marathon

Rock n Roll Half Marathon April 27, 2013 
 
My goal was just to finish in under 3 hours and my time was 2:55:35.  I am super proud of that because it was about 50 degrees and rained the entire time.  Our plans were to run by ourselves.  But right before the race I asked John to stay with me.  I'm so glad that he did.  It made the run so much more enjoyable. 
 
We were about a half mile in and we saw a young guy using a walker and walking in front of his wheelchair.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I didn't even know him but I was so proud that he got out of his wheelchair and walked.  He looked so happy to be doing that.  
 
There are not too many pictures of the race because of the rain.  I really wish we could have gotten everyone's picture before the race.  Mike, Julie and Megan started at a different corral than us and it was just too cold after to take pictures. 
 
 
Wearing our shirts for Jack.
Lori, Saby, Me, Rocio, Rachel and John right before the race.

Betty, Lori, John, Me, Freddie, Frances, Saby
Rachel and Rocio at Joe's Crabshack for
dinner after the race.

Rachel and Rocio

Betty and Lori

Freddie, Frances (baby) and Saby 


We just happened to see the building for Antique Archaeology. 

 
 
In front of Mike and Frank's building.  Mike was going to
be there the next day signing books but it was going to
be during the race :(
I just want to thank everyone that ran for Jack.  It really meant a lot to me and John to see his shirts that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment