Monday, August 27, 2012

Memory Monday ("Great Mom") 9/27/10 - 1


Monday, September 27, 2010


I had a few things that needed to be fixed in the house today.  The guy that came has been here a few times now and I have told him a little about Jack before.  While he was here I got the delivery from Walgreen's for all of Jack's feeding pump supplies and formula.  He asked how Jack was doing and I told him the truth, that he is 17 months but developmentally he's around 2-3 months but that he just started the ketogenic diet and his seizures have decreased from 50 a day to about 15.  Then I went on to tell him about all the therapies that he has been receiving since he was a month old.  That's when he said it, "you're a really great mom, I don't know how you do it." 

To me it's just what I was meant to do.  I was meant to be Jackson's mom.  (Yes, I got that from Forrest Gump)  To me this is normal.  We might have hard days (or nights) and he can't hold his head up but this is Jackson and I just do what feels right to me.  Love him!

Posted by Tracy at 5:42 PM 0 comments


2 comments:

  1. Love you!! Praying for you everyday. I miss seeing pictures of him smiling and pretending to be asleep when the therapist or nurses come in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete