Monday, December 24, 2012

Memory Monday (18 Months!) 10/24/10 - 16


Sunday, October 24, 2010


I can't believe that tomorrow Jack will be 18 months old.  It seems like just yesterday that he was still in the NICU and I was trying to wrap my head around all of this. That my son had brain damage.  That he could have cerebral palsy.  That he might suffer from epilepsy.  That he didn't take his first breath for 6 minutes.  That he would need a G tube to survive.  All things a new mother doesn't want to hear.

Over the past year and a half I have grown as a person and a mother.  Jackson has taught me to take things slow.  He will do things on his own time.  It took me a long time to realize this.  I wanted him to be normal and to prove all the doctors wrong.  I have come to accept that he's just Jackson.  And the best that he can be!  I love that little man with all my heart and every little accomplishment makes me giddy inside.  Happy 18 months Little Man!!!!


Posted by Tracy at 9:09 PM 6 comments


Labels: Happy, NICU

No comments:

Post a Comment