Monday, December 10, 2012

Memory Monday (Our stay in the nursing home) 10/22/10 - 14


Friday, October 22, 2010


18 hours was too long to spend in a nursing home.  We arrived yesterday at 2:30 to complete paperwork and be shown our room.  It was small and old but it's not like we got to choose it.  
As we were leaving for dinner we passed a few residents and nurses.  They all watched as we walked out  and a few commented on how cute and sweet Jack was. 

Last night was hard to get through.  Not only did we have to sleep on uncomfotable beds, Jack decided that he didn't want to sleep.  John said he heard me bargaining with J a few times about sleep.  It didn't work.  As soon as I would put him down he would start crying.  Between the train going by, the man snoring next door and a plastic pillow I'm suprised that I got any sleep. 
At 5:30 this morning there was a knock on the door to see if we wanted breakfast.  Why can't they ask that the night before?  Then the train came by again!  We got up and got out of there.  I would do it again if I had to but I'm so glad that it's over! 
So now that we got through that we can move on and start getting benefits from MDCP (Medically Dependent Childrens Program).  A nurse from the nursing agency will be at the house on Tuesday to discuss Jack's needs and when the nurse will be here.


Posted by Tracy at 8:24 PM 3 comments

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I remember this post for sure! I always think of you and I really miss our long chats about the boys... about their bowel movements, their medications and their therapy. Oh, the joys of having been called on to be a special needs mama! I hope things are settling in around you, now that you made the move closer to Jack. Wishing you much peace this Christmas <3
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete