Thursday, December 6, 2012

Memory Monday (Sea of Purple) 10/15/10 - 13


Friday, October 15, 2010


Today I made a post on Facebook that I never thought I would.  I asked people to let me tag them in my photo of Jack's ribbon.  The ribbon is for Infantile Spasms Awareness Week.  So many people responded and made it their profile picture.  I truly appreciate all of the support. 
I had reservations about this because I feared that people would ask questions and look at Jack differently.  But this is what we both needed.  I am his advocate.  I am the person that can help people understand everything about him.
Infantile Spasms is a rare form of epilepsy during infancy that presents with developmental regression and hypsarrythmia (chaotic brain waves).  The prognosis is usually poor resulting in moderate to severe mental retardation.

Thank you to my fellow IS moms: Stacy for the ribbon and Karen for the idea of the post!!

Posted by Tracy at 1:00 PM 2 comments


No comments:

Post a Comment