Friday, August 30, 2013

Memory Monday (It's my turn) 12/29/10 - 24



I had my first real OB appointment last Wednesday (12/22/10).  It's so much different going to the doctor for me and not Jack.  When I'm with him, I'm calm and ready to take on anything that is thrown at me.  I wish I could be just half as calm for myself. 

On our way there John and I both remembered how we would drive back and forth to go see Jack in the NICU.  It may just be the pregnancy hormones but that was the first cry that I had. 

I guess I was worked up knowing that I would have to go through my history.  My blood pressure was high...144/94.  So we agreed to take it again, still high.  I answered all the questions that were asked of me.  Until she asked how long I was in labor.  I started tearing up and looked at John.  He then told her what happened to Jack and how we had a long ambulance ride.  Then she asked if we lived near Randolph (an Air Force base that is close to our house).  We said yes.  Then she asked if we went to BAMC first.  We said yes again.  She then told us that she remembered our case and after that they had an inservice for what to do if someone called with a prolapsed cord at home.   I couldn't believe it.  She knew about Jack.

I had an uneasy but comforting feeling.  If that makes sense.  I was glad that she knew about us but I wish that she didn't.    The rest of the appointment went pretty well.  They scheduled me for an appointment with the high risk doctor (which I had today) and an ultrasound to confirm my due date. 
Since it took me so long to post this I'll make a second post about today's visit.

Posted by Tracy at 12:42 PM 1 comments


Labels: Baby, Pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment