Monday, November 26, 2012

Moving

Yesterday I started packing up Jack's room for our big move.  It's not a long distance but every move is big when the military is involved.  The packers will pack all of our things but I didn't want them to pack Jack's clothes and some of his things.
All of his clothes
 I folded up all of his shirts in the closet and placed his shorts on top in the bin.  One day I will make a quilt for our bed but it's not the time.  I can't imagine cutting his clothes up now.  I neatly folded his sheets.  The sheets that he slept on the last night he was in this house.  They even had a few spots of spit up on them.  I cherish those little spots.
Sheets, blankets, pillows and towel
I took all of his supplies out of his bins and placed them in one big bin.  I plan on giving some of his therapy things away and maybe even his equipment.  But for now it will hang out in our garage. 
I won't lie it was very difficult to pack his things up.  Since he passed his room hasn't been touched.  I did go in there quite often but everything was still in it's place.  We had to keep the door closed so Sarah wouldn't go in there and mess anything up. 
Empty bins and hangers :(
John is going to take his bed, wheelchair and clothes in his truck and we will let the packers and movers take care of everything else. 
Just a mattress
As I said before we are moving.  We aren't going far...just two hours east, where I grew up.  John applied for a compassion relocation.  The military allows this sort of move when a family member passes.  This way we are closer to family and of course Jack.  It all happens this week.  I better get moving and packing what the movers won't take. 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate completely to how you feel about Jack's things. I thought of you and Sarah the other day. I found a site where you can make board books from your own pictures and customize text. I made one for Luke about him and Patrick. If Sarah is anything like Luke, pictures or Shutterfly picture books wouldn't last very long so I'm thinking the board book will be sturdy enough. It is www.pintsizeproductions.com.

    ReplyDelete