Sunday, November 4, 2012

In my Dreams

On July 12, 2012 this is what I dreamt:
I was in high school and needed to get books out of my locker for my next class.  I couldn't find my locker and walked around for a while looking for it.  Then I saw Charlie Lincoln standing at his locker.  His was number 1 and mine was number 2.  We spoke for a minute standing by our lockers.  I got books out of my backpack put them in the locker and got the books that I needed out.  The books that I pulled from my backpack were large and very heavy and the ones that I needed were light and thin.  End of dream.
 
The next day John and I were in the car and I was telling him about my dream about being back in high school.  I thought it was weird that I had that dream but it seemed like no big deal.  Then it hit me...Charlie Lincoln passed away before my ten year high school reunion in 2007.  I did a little research and discovered that he died in 2004 at 25.
 
I haven't talked about Charlie since the reunion when I found out that he passed away.  It seemed so strange that I would dream about him.  At that time I had not dreamt about Jack but this dream stuck in my head and still think about it often. 
 
Was Charlie helping with Jack and he was telling me that everything was OK?  After I thought about it there were many things that seemed important.  Charlie helped me find my locker.  The books that I put up were heavy and the ones that I needed were light.  I still don't understand the locker numbers but it seems to me that it was significant because I remember them so clearly.  Charlie died in 2004 at 25 and Jack's birthday is 4/25. 
 
Since then I've had many dreams about Jack.  Some strange and some so comforting but none that stuck with me like this one. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I believe that love ones that have past have their ways of letting you know that everything is good. I would take this as a sign that Jackson is in good hands and that he is grateful for all the love that he was shown while he was here with us. I know he will be there with open arms for all the special people who were in his life to show them as much love as he received and is still receiving. We Love You Jackson, you are beautiful and I am so happy that you are pain free also that you are letting your Mommy know that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete