Monday, November 26, 2012

Memory Monday (Baby Burito) 10/8/10 - 12


Friday, October 8, 2010

Today Jack started occupational therapy.  This was the result.  It will be one of his exercises for movement.  He didn't cry the entire evaluation and really enjoyed being a burrito.  The OT, Kimmy, made a list of things for him (me) to do everyday.  His list is massage, movement, floor time, sensory and ending with something that he enjoys.  Each category includes different things to do.  One day he could get a massage with oil, get rolled into a burrito, weight bear on hand and knees, put hands in a bowl of beads and end with cuddling and rocking.  She wants him to do this in the same order everyday.  This way he knows what to expect and when he's finished.  I am also going to incorporate PT, speech and vision into the plan. 
 We also went to the mall this evening with Julie.  Jack decided that he didn't want to ride in his wheelchair but wanted to be carried.  This is no easy task with him being 28 pounds!  He usually gets what he wants so Julie and I took turns carrying him.  Thank you so much Julie!  This is why I don't take him out by myself.  I can't carry him and push his wheelchair. 
 When feeding J, I've learned that he has good days and bad days.  Today was a bad day.  He wouldn't open his mouth and what I did get in he would just cough back out.  Yesterday, he did really well.  He ate pears with butter and cinnamon in the morning and squash and butter for dinner. 

So I'll offer it again tomorrow.  Hopefully, it's a good day. 

Posted by Tracy at 9:35 PM 5 comments


Labels: Feeding, OT

No comments:

Post a Comment