Friday, November 2, 2012

November 1

It came and went without a blog.  Why would I blog on this day?  Well, for one it had been 4 months since I lost my sweet little boy and two it was the beginning of Epilepsy Awareness month. 
It almost hurts to see my friends on Facebook post about the start of the month.  That I don't have my little warrior here.  He may have had cerebral palsy but his epilepsy was the one thing that we battled everyday.  The worst seizures to have, Infantile Spasms then Lennox Gastaut Syndrome.  During the last year his seizures changed.  He was having fewer but they were so much worse, classified as tonic seizures.  His body would stiffen, his arms would cross in front and he would cry out like it hurt.  It was horrible to watch but I assume that it was even more horrible to experience.  But he recovered so quickly, like the strong little man that he was.  So brave.  I HATED watching him go through those.  He had started a new medicine in January 2012 and it helped so much.  Even with it, his seizures were still so bad.  Who knows what they would have been like if he wasn't on three anti-seizure meds. 
On the four month anniversary, Sarah and I did go visit Jack.  We were on our way back from Lexington, it was a little cold but the sun was shinning. 
She did really good this and didn't run off.
She was standing at the headstone beside Jack's saying Jack.  I
told her this one is Jack so she came over and did the same thing
to his.
Stealing his flowers.
 

2 comments:

  1. He is being strong for you, Mommy. He loves you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Sarah so much! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete