Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Accomplishment

Last week while at Old Navy looking at fall clothes for Sarah, a lady came up to me and asked me to get some pants down for her granddaughter.  I did and she looked at Sarah sleeping in her stroller and asked how old she was.  I told her 14 months and she said that her granddaughter was two.  Then there it was...the question.  Do you have any other children?  My heart started racing and I got dizzy.  I didn't think one little question would do that do me.  My answer, yes I have a son that past away two months ago and two step sons. 
She said that she was sorry to hear that and asked how old he was.  When I said three, she then proceeded to tell me about another three year old that suffocated in a bean bag in Louisville.  I wasn't really listening because my head was still spinning from answering her question.  She thanked me and we went our separate ways.
As I walked away from her I could hear my heartbeat and my hands were sweating.  But I did it, I answered her question honestly and didn't start crying.  Another accomplishment for me.
 

1 comment:

  1. You go Trace!! Im proud of you for finding the answer you're comfortable giving. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete