Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jack and Ethan

When I post the Memory Monday post I immediately start working on the following weeks post.  Well, next weeks post is very sad for me.  Not only is it about Jack but about his sweet little friend Ethan. 
I met Amanda (Ethan's Mom) through Jack's vision teacher.  We were immediate friends and loved talking about our boys.  Here's a little history on Ethan.  Amanda was pregnant with twins.  During the pregnancy, Seth passed away which put a lot of stress on Ethan's body and he had a stroke in utero.  After that his brain did not develop and he was diagnosed with hydranencephaly.  The doctors did not expect Ethan to live and if he did it wouldn't be for long. But Ethan didn't know this and did so much that the doctors didn't think possible.  Although Jack and Ethan had different diagnoses they were very similar in their mannerisms and what they could do.  Unfortunately, Ethan and Jack now have one more thing in common.  They are both angels.  Ethan passed away last year on July 21.  My heart hurt for Amanda and Tim when they lost Ethan but I really had no idea what they were going through. 

Ethan Wayne Thrasher 6/11/08-7/21/11 ~~ Jackson Thomas Sexton 4/25/09-7/1/12

Amanda is also a blogger, please check out her blog Perseverance.  While having a rough moment a while back, I logged in to Amanda's blog to read about her past year and to see how she got through it.  She is one of the reasons that I got back into blogging.  I saw that it helped her and hoped that it would help me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment